February Calendar of Famous People & Fun Learning Activities
February can be full of frosty fun, or it can be full of cabin fever. As homeschoolers, we want to lean toward fun as much as possible, right? The February calendar of famous people offers exciting learning for every day of the month – not just President’s Day and Valentine’s Day. Of course, those are included, but there are 27 other people to celebrate and 7 activities for fun days to celebrate e and learn a new skill, practice a craft or write a poem. Get your Hello February Calendar of Famous People & Fun Activities for upper elementary through high school students at the end of this post.
What’s in the Hello February! Calendar of Famous People?
This month, the calendar contains 9 people that are famous Writers, Poets, Artists, or Musicians. Included are:
- Norman Rockwell – American artist
- Charles Dickens – British author from the Victorian era
- Jules Verne – Author of Around the World in 80 Days & 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- Tennessee Ernie Ford – American Vocalist
- Johann Strauss III – Austrian composer & nephew of Johann Strauss II
- Ansel Adams – American Photographer
- George Frideric Handel – German baroque era composer
- Victor Hugo – Author of Les Miserables
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow – American poet
There are also 6 famous scientists or explorers that were born in February that your 6th-12th grade students will enjoy learning more about. These are also perfect mini-studies for those needing resources for a presentation or research project.
- Charles Lindbergh – Famous for flight
- Thomas Edison – Famous for electricity
- Charles Darwin – British scientist famous for The Origin of Species
- Galileo Galilei – discovered the moons of Jupiter
- Alessandro Volta – explored battery power
- Nicolas Copernicus – First to propose the theory of heliocentrism (the earth revolves around the sun)
There are also so many well-known activists, historical figures, and presidents that a day doesn’t go by without something to cure the curiosity bug and keep learning fun.
- Frederick Douglass -author & activist
- Rosa Parks – civil rights activist
- Dwight Lyman Moody – evangelist and theologian
- Ronald Regan – US President
- William Henry Harrison – US President
- Abraham Lincoln – US President
- Susan B. Anthony – Suffragist
- Mary Tudor “Bloody Mary” – British Monarchy
- George Washington – US President
- Charles V of England – British Monarchy
Fun Activities Included on the February Calendar
Celebrating special days like Purim, Ferris Wheel Day or even Umbrella Day are perfect ways to eliminate cabin fever given if it’s still cold and wintery outside.
To make it as ‘open and go’ as possible, the February calendar includes notebooking pages, as well as music and literature suggestions. It is chock full of video resources from exciting museums as well as the resources to help you learn about famous Americans and the states they call home.
Have fun in February celebrating the well known holidays and some of the famous people born this month. Everything you need is in the February Calendar of Famous People & Fun Activities.
For a limited time, use code HELLOFEB at check out to get the calendar for free!
Shannan is a wife, mum, and saved by grace child of The King. Her home base is in Scotland, where she homeschools her two kids (ages 12 & 15) and learns on location throughout Europe as much as possible. She is a classical/Charlotte Mason style home educator living out her God-breathed dream of raising her family in Europe. She’s passionate about many things, especially helping others learn on location using the world as their classroom. She encourages you to pursue your God-breathed dream, no matter what it is! You can join her at Captivating Compass for homeschool and family travel inspiration.
FREE David Livingstone Resources
David Livingstone: Missionary, Physician, and Explorer. The extraordinary life of David Livingstone
March Calendar: Famous People & Fun Activities
March Calendar of Famous People & Fun Learning Activities March is full of mixture. From fresh,
Free Ferris Wheel Mini Unit Resources
Free Ferris Wheel STEM Project Resources Learning about the Ferris wheel is so much fun! Understand
February Calendar: Famous People & Fun Activities
February Calendar of Famous People & Fun Learning Activities February can be full of frosty fun
5 Ways Hands-On Projects Helps Kids Excel in Academics
Hands-on projects are simply ways to allow your kids to learn by doing. Instead of instructing a chi
Free Resources for When Your Child Wants to Start Babysittin
Is your child at babysitting age? Don’t panic, it will be OK. I have you covered. Grab these free
Homeschool Behavior Issues? Kiss Them Good-Bye with These Tr
The following post comes from an interview between host Stephanie and her guests Judy and Sarah. Wat